Thursday, May 22, 2008

No Smoking, No Tipping

I have been doing all my smoking standing up the last few days, no more smoking in bars, hotels and restaurants, no more sitting down with a coffee and a cigarette, I am getting a preview of what is to come to Holland. I have mixed feelings about it: my lungs say yes, my addiction says no.

Also: waiters don't like tipping here, if you spend a couple of seconds trying to calculate the tip they are very willing to point out the dotted line where you have to sign (and the place I had dinner tonight did not even have space on the receipt for a tip). No mixed feelings on this subject from this Dutch guy.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Is the weather at least a bit all right there?

When are you going back home?

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole. on the bottom left there is the weather forecast for tampere, hardly any rain but 5-10 degrees colder than hame, I will be here for another week.

Vincent said...

Rare jongens, die Finnen!