Thursday, May 15, 2008

Katie to the vet, me to the concert

Yesterday I took Katie to the vet, her behavior was off, going to the litterbox a few times in a row in a short period of time, without any results.
The vet confirmed that there was something wrong with her, not what I thought (constipation) but 'blaasontsteking'.
I had the choice of pills (twice a day) or 1 shot of antibiotics. Choose the latter as Danny will be taking care of my cats and did not want to saddle her with the task of coming in twice a day (even it it was an option). She still has a little trouble but that should be over in a few days.

The concert (Robert Plant and Alison Krauss) was very good, brilliant drummer, nice lightning, good sound overall, although Barry might disagree.

It was wonderful to hear 'Down to the river' live, AK's voice is amazing.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh nooooooooooooo! Poor Katie! How does a cat get a bladder infection? That's so unpleasant. I hope she's all right soon. She needs to drink lots of cranberry juice (if only it were that easy). No more sitting on cold concrete floors for her.

Nicole said...

Oh! And I totally had no clue who Alison Krauss was until you mentioned "Down to the River" and I thought, hang on a O Brother Where Art Thou minute! She's actually in my iTunes, the penny just dropped. I love that song and I love the "I'll Fly Away" song too.

Unknown said...

Nicole, I have no idea how she got it, I am glad that it should be over in a few days without Danny having to drop by twice a day for pills.

kees said...

"The greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate"

According to the authors, Steven Stack and Jim Gundlach, the paper "assesses the link between country music and metropolitan suicide rates. Country music is hypothesized to nurture a suicidal mood through its concerns with problems common in the suicidal population, such as marital discord, alcohol abuse, and alienation from work. The results of a multiple regression analysis of 49 metropolitan areas show that the greater the airtime devoted to country music, the greater the white suicide rate. The effect is independent of divorce, southernness, poverty, and gun availability. The existence of a country music subculture is thought to reinforce the link between country music and suicide. Our model explains 51% of the variance in urban white suicide rates."

Vincent said...

I like the "brilliant drummer" part of course :-)

Now let's play some cowboy tunes!

:-)