Thursday, July 31, 2008

System Upgrade

I have been thinking about re-installing Fedora on my main machine, I had been upgrading it a few times but this time it was time for a complete clean install. Also because I was able to back everything up to a 1TB extrenal hard disk (Note that the disk came preformatted for windows but Fedora had no problem mounting and reading/writing to it).
So now everything is clean and fresh, and up and running again, except for the 'compiz' part.(gives you wobbly windows and applets like you have them on the Mac, including the Mac taskbar. I now use a Mac/Leopard theme with icons and all. The compiz is nice eyecandy and I think I can live without it.

The only problem is adding a 500gb hard disk, as soon as I plug that in the machine does not go past the system boot screen and I can't get inthe bios. All basic debugging has been done (Cables:check, power:check). I will test the disk with a usb thingy I have that lets you use any disk through usb.

No comments: