Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finland Revisisted/Camera Repaired

I had noticed it for a while but I wanted to bring my camera with me to Finland. The pictures are not completely in focus, when zoomed in it would not focus so I brought it in for repair, it was just/still under warranty.

You will get no prizes for guessing the nationality of this group of people.
When I tried to leave the hotel one day a couple of people were blocking the door, stepping out I noticed a few more, standing around in a circle, blocking the pavement and anyone trying to leave the hotel a normal exit. (the gap you see was the one I created by just stepping in the middle of the circle and getting out.)q A pity that I did not have to carry my computer case, I use it sometimes to remind people that other people need space too (one of them opened their mouth and it was Dutch what came out).

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't say anything about this, I might end up with a fine like Brigitte Bardot, but there is a certain tendency for certain people of a certain nationality to not understand that public space is not just for their personal use.

Unknown said...

Was just thinking, if instead of 12 grownup Dutch (white) people 3 12-year old Moroccan kids had been standing there, quite a few of these people probably would have found the situation 'very threatening'

Nicole said...

My experience with the kids of a Morocaan background is a lot more positive than trying to pass a crowd of white Dutch folk. I remember being on our way to John's house once and a group of boys were standing on the street and as we walked down the foot path they moved so we could pass. Suzanne and I almost laughed and said how the Dutch kids in the Rivierenbuurt aren't quite as polite.

kees said...

In my 'hood it's the Turks and Moroccans who block the pavement. Very integrated people, they are.