Sunday, April 27, 2008

The news from Lake Bellyditch

The cats are doing fine: Jacques is obsessed with the birdhouse as a 'Koolmees' couple are moving in, they might decide otherwise when they realize they will be under constant observation and risk. Jacques managed to catch and eat two or three last year.

Found a nice olive tree here at the local market, my Mediterranean balcony is coming along: a fig tree, a grapevine, a 'laurier' tree and now an olive tree. Pictures will also beposted as soon as I can install my photo download software again on my laptop (Canon has a 75 MB update downloadable but not a complete uptodate version.

Pestered by a backpain that came up this week, lots of lying down/not moving.

3 comments:

kees said...

Get gphoto for your downloads; freeware and works with most cameras:
http://www.gphoto.org/

While we're on Canon topics: the Canon hackers group has new 'firmware' which gives your camera more capabilities:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
and
http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Supercharge_Your_Camera_with_Open-Source_CHDK_Firmware

Nicole said...

Regarding the back pain: Ask your doctor for some Diclofenac Sodium (marketed as "Voltaren" in Australia). It's not the mildest on the stomach so a zetpil works best, but it's great for treating the pain caused by inflammation.

Your balcony sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see new photos!

Unknown said...

Kees: gphoto is linux only, it works well, tried it ages ago. Maybe I should download all the pictures to my linux machine, I used to do it to my W XP laptop (I will stop searing now)
Nicole: the pain was not that bad, just took it easy this week and just was careful with the way I sat or layed.