Sunday, April 6, 2008

lapmods: part 2 software

Basically the only software that needs to run on both lapmod is a webbrowser and an audio player wich can be controlled remotely, either http or another protocol.

So far I found Foobar2000+ a plugin (control_server I believe), Winamp with httpq plugin and VLC (Videolan client) for playing audio. My music is stored on a server but played through a laptop (Compaq M300) attached to my stereo. To control sound level, going to the next track, pause etc I use a web interface so that I can control it from any computer, together with Prism (Prism Mozilla, but also as a plug in for Firefox 3) I can make it look like a standalone app.
Music is played inthe following way:
a) a small playlist (put on repeat) contains a call to the webserver asking for a new song.
b) The script streams a track that has not been played.
c) a web interface gives me convenient browsing through genres/artists/albums and I can also select albums to play. (The web interface can also search for appropriate covers, and I am working on getting more info and correct track information. This is a work in progress, it still has rough edges.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You've certainly been busy!

Vincent said...

Nog steeds geen multimedia speler met afstandsbedienng gevonden begrijp ik? Is er geen afstandsbediening voor pc's trouwens? Dat scheelt een hoop geklooi met al die computers. Mijn mac heeft een IR afstandbediening, erg handig.

Unknown said...

Vincent: Dit is veel leuker om te doen, en houdt me bezig... Ik heb nog wel een Afstand bediening liggen Maar ook het visuale aspect is belangrijk, Via de laptops kan ik zien wat er speelt, andere cd's kiezen en kan ik ook de algehele selectie aanpassen. De interface die ik gebruik is alleen voor intern gebruik, misschien kan ik van die pagina een demo versie maken